Thursday, April 07, 2011

This is Big News?

I chuckled when I read this:

FAA Administrator Randy Babbitt told a congressional hearing that the controller was "found intentionally sleeping" in the radar room during a midnight shift on February 19 in Knoxville, Tennessee. Babbitt said the agency is seeking to have the person, who was not named, fired. The sleeping controller was found asleep with cushions and a blanket.


'Was seeking?' Sleeping on the job is pretty common, but usually the results are straightforward and not worthy of comment. I suppose, like not paying your mortgage, that means in 438 days or so.

1 comment:

BRM said...

I really hope my life never brings me to a point where I'm gleaning advice from a website that prominently displays "local Guatemala time" on its home page. Something will have gone awry.