Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reboot Windows Daily

Some diligent geeks were scouring internal e-mails turned over in the antitrust suits by Microsoft. There's a funny internal email from Bill Gates, circa 2003, complaining in some detail about some Microsoft products. It seems he actually tries to download Moviemaker, and found it slow and confusing. While Mac lovers thought this showed their superiority, I thought, gee, how many CEOs actually try to put themselves in their user's shoes like that? Not many. Anyway, at one point, he writes:
What the heck is going on during those 6 minutes? That is crazy. This is after the download was finished.

Then it told me to reboot my machine. Why should I do that? I reboot every night -- why should I reboot at that time?

If Bill Gates reboots everyday, it's probably a good idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny.

Anonymous said...

I first heard about this article from one of your commenters a couple of weeks ago...