Monday, June 27, 2011

Bob Seger Vindicated


I always found the line 'wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then' to be mystically profound (from Against the Wind), but had trouble of thinking of anything I could apply it to. Not knowing Santa was my dad? That an anthropomorphic god doesn't exist? That the sun will run out of fuel? Nothing seemed to fit.

But today I read about 77 year old Brady Bunch mom Florence Henderson getting crabs from a one night stand with then NYC mayor John Lindsey.
when she went home later that night, she woke up to "little black things" covering her body. She says she called her doctor who told her she had pubic lice.

I didn't need to know that.

4 comments:

Rajat said...

Not sure if this helps, but she's only 77.

Eric Falkenstein said...

good catch. Still doesn't help.

Anonymous said...

Wish you hadn't written that

Mercury said...

I'm afraid that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes the sordid personal lives of Brady Bunch cast members...but I'll honor your wishes in this regard.

Never owned a Bob Segar album but he used to be on the radio constantly. Not a bad line - but maybe just copped and reversed from The Faces 'Oh-La-La'.