Monday, June 23, 2008

Oh Well, At Least it Would be Federal Prison

I've criticized James Hansen, one of the many prominent Global Warming scaremongers, and I've criticized global warming. My main problem is that macro economic models address a similar system, though much less complex. Nevertheless, until the data hit them, lots of smart people thought they were great. Thus I'm unimpressed by the current models ability to predict the past, or how smart certain proponents are. Further, the earth seems a pretty stable system, having a relatively benign biosphere for millions of years. Yet most of the feedback loops in climate models are positive feedback loops, which makes me think, we are doing it wrong.

Thus, I should be expecting my summons any day now:
James Hansen, one of the world's leading climate scientists, will today call for the chief executives of large fossil fuel companies to be put on trial for high crimes against humanity and nature, accusing them of actively spreading doubt about global warming in the same way that tobacco companies blurred the links between smoking and cancer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.gimmiethescoop.com/data-center-power-consumption-global-warming-will-the-web-crash

wait til this hits the mainstream